Delicious, healthy and easy to cook fish cakes that you can prepare in advance or with your children. Preparation time: 20 minutes, cooking time: 5-10 minutes. Serves 4.
- 200g Mixed Fish (cubed)
- 200g Mashed Potatoes
- 200ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 25g Flour
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the fish in the milk for about 10 minutes or until it flakes.
- Boil the peeled potatoes until soft, mash and add salt and pepper.
- Combine the fish, potatoes and 1 egg and season.
- Divide into 4 or 8 pieces and mould into shape.
- Pass through a coating of flour, then egg and the breadcrumbs.
- Tidy the cakes up using a palette knife.
- Either deep fry 185 degrees Celsius or in the oven until golden about 7 minutes on each side.