This Pate is delicious, we have made it for a few friends and at our Cookery Courses and everyone loves it, we hope you do too!
450gram of chicken livers
175 of diced butter
1 small onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
Teaspoon of dried Thyme
30 – 45 ml of Brandy
Salt & Freshly ground black pepper
Green salad to serve
• Trim the chicken livers cutting off any green spots and removing any filaments & fat.
• In a heavy based frying pan, melt 25 grams of the butter add finely chopped onion and cook for about 5-7 minutes on a gentle heat, until soft and golden.
• Add Garlic and cook for one minute more, then increase the heat and add chicken livers, thyme, salt and pepper.
• Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the livers are coloured, stirring frequently, the livers should remain pink inside, but not raw.
• Add the brandy, stirring and cook for a further minute.
• Using a slotted spoon, transfer the livers to a food processor, pour in the cooking juices and process until smooth.
• Whilst the machine is running, add the remaining butter a few pieces at a time.
• Pour the mixture into a loaf tin which is lined with cling film, cool then cover and chill