If you are into your Indian food you will love this dish, it's delicious!
2 ½ tbsp oil
2 medium onions , chopped
2 medium tomatoes , sliced into quarters or roughly chopped
4 fresh green chilies , finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp garam massala powder
400 g boneless chicken , skinned and cut into 8 pieces
2 tsp tomato puree
salt, to taste
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
2 tsp lemon juice
fresh coriander , to garnish
1 wok or pan with lid, 1 metal or wooden spoon for stirring
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion slices for approx. 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic pastes. Sauté briefly.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cardamoms, black pepper, cumin seeds, chili powder and garam massala and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for about 5 minutes until the chicken is well coated and blended into the meat.
- Add the tomatoes and the tomato puree and green chilies, and salt to taste. Reduce the heat and add the yoghurt stirring quickly to avoid curdling. Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for about 15 minutes (stir once mid-way) or until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.