A delicious Apple Crumble, easy to make and easy to eat!
1kg Bramley apples, peeled and chopped
200g brown sugar
zest and juice of 1 orange
200g cup cold butter
200g cups rolled oats
2tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
• Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
• Put the apple, the cinnamon and half the sugar into a pan. Add the orange juice and zest, put a lid on top, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for around 5 more minutes, until the apple has softened slightly.
• Take off the heat and add the Mascarpone.
• Spoon into an ovenproof baking dish or individual dishes and spread out evenly across the bottom.
• To make your crumble topping, use your fingers to lightly rub together the flour and butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the oats, the rest of the sugar and the ginger. (If you like, you can make the crumble topping in a food processor. Just whack in the flour, butter, sugar and ginger and whiz up. Add the oats for the last 10 seconds.)
• Sprinkle the crumble over the apple and bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the crumble is golden.