This recipe is easy and delicious. Perfect for the good weather!
2-3lbs pork ribs, chopped into 2” lengths
2 spring onions, sliced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 thumb sized pieces ginger, grated
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp dark soy sauce
½ - 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
½ tsp ground coriander
75ml liquid honey
75ml coconut milk
1 tbsp lime juice
• Put all marinade ingredients together in a large casserole dish (you will also need a lid).
• Stir well to dissolve the honey.
• Add the ribs to the marinade, stirring and turning them to coat. Cover and leave in the refrigerator to marinate at least 1 hour or more (up to 24 hours).
• When ready to cook, preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Stir the ribs once more, then cover and set in the oven to bake (right in the marinade) for 1 hour.
• Remove ribs and turn the oven up to 225 degrees C.
• Cover a baking sheet with foil (turn the foil up at the edges to prevent juices from spilling). Then remove the cooked ribs from the casserole dish and place on the foil.
• Spoon 1/2 Tbsp. of the marinade from the casserole dish over each rib. Then set the baking sheet on the second-to-highest shelf of your oven. Leave in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the ribs are sizzling, lightly browned, and shiny.
• Enjoy as they are or turn the ribs over and give them another 5 minutes.
• Serve right on the baking sheet, or transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle the sliced green onion over the ribs and enjoy. This dish goes well with rice, but is equally delicious on its own as finger food.