A really easy delicious winter dish!
- 8 chicken breasts
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 100g butter
- 40g shallots, finely chopped
- 400ml dry white wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp snipped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp snipped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wipe the mushrooms clean or peel them and slice them finely and evenly.
- Heat half of the butter in a shallow pan, add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the shallot and cook for 1 more minute allowing them to go translucent, without colour.
- Tip the mushrooms and shallots into a fine mesh colander to drain off the coking butter.
- Put them back into the pan and add the wine and reduce it by half over medium heat.
- Pour in the stock and cook gently for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- In the meantime cook the chicken breast in either some butter and allow to go golden or under the grill.
- Take the (liquid)pan off the heat and whisk in the remaining butter and the snipped herbs.
- Season to taste and pour over the chicken.