A really quick way to make delicious chocolate truffles.
Makes about 20
- 150ml double cream
- 350g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- 60ml whisky, warmed (optional)
- 100g cocoa powder, for dusting
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Whisk until smooth, then whisk in the icing sugar.
- Pour in the warm whisky and whisk again until smooth.
- Pour into the lined baking tray and cover with cling film, chill for about 6 hours until set.
- When the mixture is set, dust a plate and your hands with cocoa powder.
- Divide the chocolate mixture into about 20 equal portions – about the size of a walnut – and roll into balls in the palm of your hand.
- Roll the balls in the cocoa powder and leave to firm up in the fridge.
- Before serving, place the truffles in petit four cases.