A delicious and quick to make Italian snack.
- 500g tipo 00 flour
- 10g salt
- 150g lard or vegetable shortening at room temperature
- 200ml water
- 2g bicarbonate of soda
- Taleggio, squacquerone, stracchino, mozzarella, spinach, rocket, parma ham, salami or anything else you like.
- Preheat the oven to the highest setting.
- Line some baking trays with some greased greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour, salt together and add the lard and water to the dough, mix together until you have a soft pliable dough, you may need a little more flour so that the mixture can be rolled out.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Prepare the fillings for the Piadina
- Turn out the rested dough onto a floured surface and divide into 6, then roll out into circles no more than 1/2cm thick.
- Put them on the oven tray and place in the oven for about 3-6 minutes or until lightly browned. You can also pan fry them in about 2-3 minutes each side.
- When done spread the fillings over half and fold the other half on top.
- Serve and enjoy.