Banbury Cookery School Blog
Telur Belado March 11, 2014 13:43A delicious, easy to prepare Indonesian dish. serves 4-8
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp chilli paste (or to taste)
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp belacan (dried shrimp paste)
- 1 tbsp peanuts, coarsely ground
- 450ml coconut milk
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil for frying
- Sprigs of parsley for garnishing
MethodBoil eggs until hard (about 7 minutes). Heat oil in a wok, when the oil is hot carefully lower the hard boiled eggs and fry turning frequently to brown evenly on all sides and to form a light crust. Remove eggs with slotted spoon and drain on some paper. Add the onions to the wok and fry until translucent, then add the garlic, belacan, peanuts and chilli paste, stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk, water, lemon juice, sugar, bay leaves and eggs and season with salt. Bring to the boil slowly then immediately reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until the sauce reduces and thickens. Top with the parsley leaves and serve with steamed rice.
Salt Cod Fritters with Aioli August 8, 2013 15:15A delicious & easy fish dish for a summers day. Serves 6
- 500g salt cod
- 500g floury potatoes (such as King Edwards)
- 250ml milk
- 6 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 100g dried white breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
- Lemon wedges and salad leaves, to serve
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 250ml approx olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon, to taste
- Soak the salt cod in cold water for at least 24 hours, changing the water two or three times. The cod should swell as it rehydrates. Sample a tiny piece. It should not taste unpleasantly salty when fully rehydrated. Drain well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cook the potatoes, unpeeled, in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes, then mash with a fork or use a potato masher.
- Pour the milk into a pan, add half the spring onions and bring to a simmer. Add the soaked cod and poach very gently for 10-15 minutes, or until it flakes easily. Remove the cod and flake it with a fork into a bowl, discarding bones and skin.
- Mix the mashed potato with the cod. Add the remaining spring onions and the parsley.
- Season with lemon juice and pepper to taste - the mixture may also need a little salt but taste it before adding any. Add one egg to the mixture and beat it until thoroughly combined, then chill until firm.
- Shape the chilled fish mixture into 12-18 balls, then gently flatten into small round cakes. Coat each one in flour, then dip in the remaining beaten egg and coat with dried breadcrumbs. Chill until ready to fry.
- Meanwhile, make the aioli. Place the garlic and a good pinch of salt in a mortar and pound to a paste with a pestle. Using a small whisk or a wooden spoon, gradually work in the egg yolks.
- Beat in about half the olive oil, a drop at a time. When the sauce is as thick as soft butter, beat in 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice. Continue adding oil until the aioli is very thick. Season to taste, adding more lemon juice if you wish.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy frying pan. Add the fritters and cook over a medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Turn them over and cook for a further 4 minutes on the other side, until crisp and golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper, then serve with the aioli, lemon wedges and salad leaves.
Mussels with Spinach & Pancetta July 3, 2013 09:39
Serves 4 -6
- 1kg mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 500g spinach, washed
- 200ml full fat milk
- 150g pancetta, chopped into cubes
- 100 ml double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add the butter, then add the shallots and pancetta.
- Cook until the onions are translucent and the pancetta has started to release some of its fat.
- Then add the wine, 2 tbsp water and bring to a simmer, then when the liquid has reduced by half then add the garlic and the spinach.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the spinach has started to wilt.
- Add the mussels and cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Squeeze in the lemon and add the cream.
- Season and serve hot. (Discarding any mussels where the shells have remained shut).
- Serve with some crusty bread.
Chicken Chasseur January 15, 2013 08:59A really easy delicious winter dish!
- 8 chicken breasts
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 100g butter
- 40g shallots, finely chopped
- 400ml dry white wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp snipped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp snipped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wipe the mushrooms clean or peel them and slice them finely and evenly.
- Heat half of the butter in a shallow pan, add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the shallot and cook for 1 more minute allowing them to go translucent, without colour.
- Tip the mushrooms and shallots into a fine mesh colander to drain off the coking butter.
- Put them back into the pan and add the wine and reduce it by half over medium heat.
- Pour in the stock and cook gently for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- In the meantime cook the chicken breast in either some butter and allow to go golden or under the grill.
- Take the (liquid)pan off the heat and whisk in the remaining butter and the snipped herbs.
- Season to taste and pour over the chicken.
Broccoli & Stilton Pie July 6, 2012 11:56Delicious vegetarian dish or add meat if you prefer! Serves 4 Ingredients 1 head of broccoli 150g medium stilton 1 onion, finely chopped 2 tablespoons of plain flour 25g butter 300ml vegetable stock 200g puff pastry 10ml Milk or egg wash Method • Melt the butter in a pan and add onions and shallow fry until the onions are translucent. • Par boil the broccoli in a separate pan for 5 minutes. Add to the onions. • Add the flour and gradually add the stock until a nice sauce consistency. • Crumble the stilton and add to the sauce. • Whilst the mixture is on a low heat, roll out the pastry to fit a suitable oven dish • Transfer the mixture into the oven dish, cover with the pastry and baste with milk or egg wash. • Put in a pre-heated oven at 225 Degrees C/ Gas Mark 7 • Cook until golden.
Vegetable Moussaka April 30, 2012 13:42A great dish even if you are not vegetarian, really tasty enjoy! Serves 4 Ingredients 2 large potatoes peeled and sliced Olive oil 1 large onion finely chopped 3 cloves of crushed garlic 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes Splash of red wine 1 tsp of dried oregano Pinch of cinnamon Pinch of Sugar 2 Tbsp tomato puree 1 400g can red kidney beans 2 aubergines sliced 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped Salt & pepper 1 recipe for Bechamel sauce Method • Boil potatoes until just tender. • Cook onion and garlic gently in olive oil for about 10 minutes or until soft but not coloured. • Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, cinnamon, sugar, tomato puree. • Boil. • Then reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, then add the beans and simmer for another 20 minutes. • Taste. • Season. • Fry aubergine slices in two to three tbsp olive oil turning till just soft or griddle them, drain on kitchen paper. • Make cheese sauce. • Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C. • To put together: Use either 4 small shallow heat proof dishes or one large, spread tomato/bean mix at the bottom, then layer aubergine slices a little grated cheese, then potato. Repeat until all used, finishing with aubergine. • Cover with cheese sauce and bake for one hour, rest 10 minutes before eating.
Aubergine Bake with Saffron Rice March 27, 2012 13:37A great dish, easy to prepare, even easier to eat! Enjoy. Serves 6-8
Ingredients30g butter Sunflower oil for frying 3 large aubergines (800g) cut into 5mm thick slices Flour for coating 1 litre passata 250g buffalo mozzarella 100g parmesan, grated 3 tbsp oil 1 onion, finely chopped 200g Arborio rice 5g saffron 150ml white wine 1200ml vegetable/chicken stock Salt & pepper
Method• Butter an oven proof dish (approx 20x30cm) set aside. • To make the rice first, heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onions until soft, about 7 minutes, stir in the rice and when it is glossy add the saffron, stir briefly and then add the wine. • Allow it to be absorbed by the rice and then start adding the stock gradually. When the rice is doubled in size and cooked through, remove from the heat and allow to cool. • Pre heat the oven 180 degrees C. • Heat a deep fat fryer (or large pan with at least 3cm oil) until 170 degrees C. • Coat the aubergine in flour and shake off any excess, fry in batches until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper. • Coat the base of the ovenproof dish with a ¼ of the passata and scatter a ¼ of the mozzarella and the parmesan on top followed by the aubergine. • Cover with all of the rice and then repeat with the passata and cheese. • Bake until golden for about 30 minutes and bubbling around the edges.
Meatballs In Tomato Sauce January 6, 2012 11:39A great healthy recipe to start the New Year, enjoy! Serves 4 Ingredients 2 tbsp olive oil 200g minced beef or pork (preferably lean or organic) 50g fresh white breadcrumbs 2tbsp grated parmesan cheese 1tbsp tomato puree 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 2 shallots, finely chopped 2tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped ½ tsp turmeric 1 tin of plum tomatoes, chopped 2tbsp red wine Salt & pepper 2 tsp basil leaves, chopped 2tsp rosemary, chopped 1 egg Method
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix together the meat, breadcrumbs, cheese, tomato puree, garlic, shallots, egg, thyme, turmeric, salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into 12 to 15 firm balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for several minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, basil and rosemary. Simmer gently for around 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked. Season generously with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Chicken Jalfrezi January 1, 2012 15:52A very quick dish, it tastes really fantastic too, enjoy ! This months recipe is also available as a video, click here to watch
Ingredients serves 42 cloves garlic, chopped 750g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut in half 3 tsp ground turmeric 1 onion finely grated 1 tsp red chilli powder 1 tsp salt 400g chopped tomatoes 30g ghee 3 tsp ground cumin 3 tsp ground coriander 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger 30g fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped oil for cooking
Method• Heat up about 2 tbsp of oil in a deep frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes over high heat. • Mix in the chicken, turmeric, chili powder and salt. Gently fry for 5-10 minutes or until golden, turning the chicken frequently. • Mix in the tomatoes, cover and stir fry over medium heat up for 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 10 minutes to let all the excess liquid evaporate and the sauce thicken. • Mix in the ghee or oil, cumin, ground coriander, ginger and fresh coriander and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the fat separates out from the thick sauce.
Crispy Prawns with Lime & Ginger June 7, 2011 10:44A truly delicious easy to prepare dish, you will love it!
Serves 62 Limes 2 cloves Garlic, crushed 1 small Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 2 cm Root Ginger, peeled and grated 50g Cornflour 6 tbsp Sunflower Oil 20g Coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp Ground Turmeric 400g King Prawns
Method• Mix the lime juice, garlic, chilli, ginger and turmeric in a large bowl and leave to infuse for a couple of minutes. • Pat the prawns dry with kitchen paper. Using a sharp knife, make a small incision along the back of each prawn to remove the black vein. Place the prawns in the lime marinade and mix with a fork (to avoid staining your hands with turmeric). Cover and chill for about 30 minutes. • Sift the cornflour onto a large plate. Add half of the prawns to the cornflour and coat lightly. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan and fry the coated prawns for about 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until just cooked and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper then cover with foil to keep warm. Coat the remaining prawns with cornflour and fry in the remaining oil. • Garnish with the coriander and serve immediately with extra lime wedges and a sprinkling of sea salt.
Babi Pangang April 12, 2011 10:19A truly delicious Indonesian dish to try, we hope you enjoy it! Ingredients 500g fillet of pork tenderloin Half a white cabbage Marinade: 3cm ginger, grated 1 clove garlic 1cm galangal, grated ½ small onion, very finely chopped 2 tbsp Ketjap Manis Pepper & Salt to taste Method • Clean the fillet of pork. • Mix all the marinade ingredients and spread over the fillet. Leave for min. 1 hour. • Roast fillet in oven at 220 degrees C. for about 30 min. until tender. • Slice into thin slices and serve on top of the cabbage with the sauce over the top. Babi Pangang Sauce 60g dark brown sugar 2 tsp Ketjap Manis 60ml white vinegar 60ml chicken stock 2 tbsp tomato puree 3 tsp corn flour 2cm fresh ginger, grated 1 small onion, chopped 1 tsp sambal oelek or 1 fresh Chilli Pepper 2 tablespoons Oil Method • Put the oil in the pan and heat, add the onion and cook slowly to soften. • Mix remaining ingredients and add to the onions. Slowly boil for 5 min. until sauce thickens. If needed sauce can be thinned down with water or pineapple juice. • Pour over the pork and serve.
Butternut Squash & Parmesan Spaghetti March 11, 2011 10:26A delicious and fresh dish, very tasty and healthy, enjoy! Ingredients (serves 4) 1 small butternut squash 400g dried spaghetti 2 tbsp olive oil 75g pine nuts, toasted 50g parmesan, grated Sage leaves or lemon thyme leaves, chopped Freshly ground black pepper Method
- Peel, de-seed and dice the squash and place in a pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Add 400g dried spaghetti to the water and cook according to packet instructions.
- Drain well, return to the pan and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the squash, some fresh sage/thyme leaves, 75g pine nuts, toasted and 50g Parmesan.
- Gently toss together, divide between shallow bowls and top with extra Parmesan shavings, to serve.
Pepper Mackerel Salad January 18, 2011 11:35Supporting Hugh's Fish Fight Campaign, a delicious and easy fish dish. Serves 2 - Ready in 10 Minutes Ingredients * 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil * 1 tbsp lemon juice * 150g green beans * Small bag of salad leaves * 2-3 smoked peppered mackerel fillets * Handful cherry tomatoes, halved * Handful vegetable crisps, crushed Method 1. Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice, season and set aside. 2. Cook the green beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until just tender, then refresh under cold water, drain and cut in half. Tip the salad leaves into a large bowl and add the beans. 3. Peel off the skin from the mackerel fillets and tear the flesh into bite-size pieces. Add to the salad with the tomatoes. 4. Add the dressing and toss well. Divide between 2 large plates and scatter with the vegetable crisps to serve.
Christmas Turkey Pasties December 8, 2010 16:34A great seasonal dish, easy to make and great for a festive party. Ingredients 250g shortcrust pastry 100g puff pastry 200g cooked turkey or chicken, chopped (you can use leftovers or minced) 75g stuffing, chopped (you can use leftovers, optional) 4 tbsp good quality cranberry sauce 3 cooked chipolatas, chopped (you can use leftovers) 1 pinch sea salt 1 pinch black pepper 1 egg 1 tbsp milk Method • Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Roll out the short crust pastry on a lightly floured surface until about 4mm thickness, roll out the puff pastry a little thinner and place on top, cut into 4 x 18cm circles. Turn the circles upside down so that the puff pastry is at the bottom. • Place the turkey, stuffing and chipolatas into a bowl. Add the cranberry sauce and mix. Spoon the turkey mixture onto one half of the pastry circles. • Dampen the edges of the pastry with the milk and fold the pasty over the filling. Crimp the edges. Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. • Cut a slit in each pasty and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Chilli Con Carne Burgers October 26, 2010 09:27An easy dish to prerpare and very tasty! Ingredients ½ onion, finely chopped 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped plus a little extra for the dip ¼ tsp red chilli powder 1 tsp tomato puree 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp paprika powder 250g good quality beef mince 400g kidney beans, drained and rinsed and roughly chopped Salt and pepper ½ carrot, grated 1 tbsp breadcrumbs Handful of chives, chopped 100ml soured cream Olive oil for frying Flour for coating
- Sweat the onion and the garlic in a little oil in a frying pan, then add the mince and brown over moderate heat. Leave to cool slightly.
- Add the dried spices and herbs to the mixture add the tomato puree and the breadcrumbs and the roughly chopped beans.
- Add some seasoning.
- Shape in to 8 burgers and cover in a little flour.
- Heat some oil in the pan and shallow fry until golden on each side. Mix the chives, a little garlic and soured cream together in a separate dish/ramekin.
Crispy Coated Chicken Drumsticks August 26, 2010 11:00Delicious, quick and easy to make. Kids love this crispy coated chicken and it's far healthier than some of the take-away alternatives but taste just as good. Recipe Fresh white bread crumbs of 1 small loaf Chicken Drumsticks 1 tsp cumin 1 tbsp sugar 2 tsp Jamaican jerk spice 2 tsp ground coriander 1 tsp dried thyme 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp paprika powder 1 tsp ground allspice Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper Olive oil 100g flour, seasoned with salt and pepper 2 eggs, whisked Method
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Coat the chicken in the flour, shake excess off, then coat in the egg, then finally coat the meat in the bread crumbs and press it on firmly.
- Pour some olive oil on a non stick oven tray and then add the chicken.
- Drizzle a little oil over the top of the chicken.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until chicken is golden on the outside
Leek Cannelloni with Lemon Thyme & Ricotta May 27, 2010 13:38A nice and easy light meal for the hot summer days!
Serves 450g butter 800g leeks 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped 2 tsp chopped lemon thyme leaves 2 tsp water 250g ricotta cheese Salt and pepper 12 sheets of fresh pasta dough 500ml tomato sauce 500ml cheese sauce
Method• Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the leeks cut into thin strips, garlic and chopped lemon thyme. • Add the water to prevent the mix from browning. Sweat until tender. • Allow to cool, then drain, add the ricotta and season. • Cook the pasta sheets – 6x6cm – in boiling salted water for approx. 3-5 minutes. • Refresh and drain well. • Spoon the leek filling along one short edge of each sheet and roll up. Arrange the cannelloni seam side down on top of the tomato sauce. • Cover with the cheese sauce, place in a hot oven to glaze and reheat the cannelloni. Serve immediately.
Chicken Balti May 4, 2010 12:40If you are into your Indian food you will love this dish, it's delicious! Ingredients - Serves 4 2 ½ tbsp oil 2 medium onions , chopped 2 medium tomatoes , sliced into quarters or roughly chopped 4 fresh green chilies , finely chopped 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped 1 cinnamon stick 2 cardamoms 1 tsp black pepper 1 tsp chili powder ½ tsp cumin seeds ½ tsp garam massala powder 400 g boneless chicken , skinned and cut into 8 pieces 2 tsp tomato puree salt, to taste 2 tbsp plain yoghurt 2 tsp lemon juice fresh coriander , to garnish 1 wok or pan with lid, 1 metal or wooden spoon for stirring Method
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion slices for approx. 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic pastes. Sauté briefly.
- Add the cinnamon stick, cardamoms, black pepper, cumin seeds, chili powder and garam massala and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for about 5 minutes until the chicken is well coated and blended into the meat.
- Add the tomatoes and the tomato puree and green chilies, and salt to taste. Reduce the heat and add the yoghurt stirring quickly to avoid curdling. Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for about 15 minutes (stir once mid-way) or until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Bean Burgers March 1, 2010 11:17Quick to make and delicious, we hope you enjoy them! Serves 4 Ingredients 1 x 400g cannellini beans 1 400g can red kidney beans 110g white bread crusts removed 25g grated cheddar 1 small carrot grated 2 cloves garlic crushed 2 tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped Half tsp chilli powder 2 tsp cumin ¼ tsp cinnamon 2 tbsp tomato puree Salt & pepper Plain white flour for coating Olive or sunflower oil for frying Method • Drain beans, tip onto a chopping board and roughly chop them up. • Put bread in a food processor to make crumbs. • Mix all the burger ingredients in a bowl with a fork. • Shape lightly into 8 burgers. • Coat lightly in flour. • Chill in fridge for about an hour to develop flavours or cook straight away. • Heat oil in frying pan, cook gently for 5 minutes each side till cooked through.
Spicy Sausage & Beans February 1, 2010 11:15A great dish if you are in a rush, nutritious, healthy, quick and delicious. Serves 4 INGREDIENTS 1 tin of beans 1 tin of good quality tomatoes 6 sausages 1 clove of garlic finely chopped 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice 1 tbsp ketjap manis (From oriental section in shops) Salt and pepper METHOD • Slice the sausages and gently fry until golden • Add the 5 spice and stir • Then put the tin of tomatoes and the beans in the pan • Stir occasionally until the sauce has reduced slightly then add the ketjap • Taste for seasoning Great to eat with a jacket potato.
Bami Goreng January 11, 2010 18:51Delicious famous Indonesian dish. Perfect served with Chicken Sate and Peanut Sauce. Ingredients serves 4 350g Medium Egg noodles 100g Diced Pork Fillet 50g Small Prawns 1 medium Onion 2 Cloves of Garlic 1 Carrot 1 Small Leek 2 tsp. Sambal ulek 1 tsp. Trassi (shrimp paste) 3 tbs. Kecap Manis 3 tbs. Oil Pepper & Salt Method • Boil the noodles, using the instructions on the packet. Rinse and set aside. • Heat your wok and add the oil. Stir-fry the diced Onion and Garlic for 1 min. • Add the meat, prawns, trassi and sambal ulek and fry for a further 3 min. • Add the finely sliced carrots and leek and fry for 4 more min. • Add the Noodles and Kecap Manis. • Use pepper and salt as needed and stir-fry for a further 4 min. • Serve hot. Delicious with hot peanut sauce.
Vegetable Moussaka September 24, 2009 13:16You don't need to be Vegetarian to enjoy this dish. Hope you enjoy! Ingredients serves 4 2 large potatoes peeled and sliced Olive oil 1 large onion finely chopped 3 cloves of crushed garlic 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes Splash of red wine 1 tsp of dried oregano Pinch of cinnamon Pinch of Sugar 2 Tbsp tomato puree 1 400g can red kidney beans 2 aubergines sliced 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped Salt & pepper 1 recipe for cheese sauce Method • Boil potatoes until just tender. • Cook onion and garlic gently in olive oil for about 10 minutes or until soft but not coloured. • Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, cinnamon, sugar, tomato puree. • Boil. • Then reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, then add the beans and simmer for another 20 minutes. • Taste. • Season. • Fry aubergine slices in two to three tbsp olive oil turning till just soft or griddle them, drain on kitchen paper. • Make cheese sauce. • Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C. • To put together: Use either 4 small shallow heat proof dishes or one large, spread tomato/bean mix at the bottom, then layer aubergine slices a little grated cheese, then potato. Repeat until all used, finishing with aubergine. • Cover with cheese sauce and bake for one hour, rest 10 minutes before eating. Delicious Cheese Sauce Ingredients 2 Tbsp Butter 375ml double cream 80g Parmesan cheese 100g Fontina cheese or Taleggio, Grated 75g buffalo mozzarella 75g Mascarpone cheese Ground black pepper 1tsp marjoram or oregano (preferably fresh) Chopped parsley for garnish Method • Heat butter and cream in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan and stir, over low heat, until butter has melted. • Stir in the cheeses, and continue stirring until completely melted. • Add pepper to taste and marjoram/oregano. Free delicious recipes from Pudding Pie Cookery School!
Mushroom & Garlic Risotto September 11, 2009 09:55A delicious quick Risotto. There are many Risotto recipes, but this is one of our particular favourites. Serves 6 1 250g packet of plain risotto 200g wild mushrooms, re-hydrated and chopped Sea salt and freshly ground pepper 1 Bulb of Garlic, cloves peeled and halved Small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves picked 1 Tbsp of Butter Small bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped 1 Lemon Parmesan cheese for grating Method • Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. • Start making the plain risotto as indicated on packet. • When you get to the end of using the stock you need to start to roast the mushrooms, so in an oven proof dish add a splash of oil add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme and butter, add salt & pepper and mix together. • Place the pan in the pre-heated oven and roast the mushrooms for about 10 minutes until cooked through and rich in flavour. • When you add the butter and Parmesan at the end of the plain risotto recipe, stir in all the parsley. • Roughly chop half the roasted mushrooms and garlic and stir into the risotto, and add a good squeeze of lemon juice. • Divide between plates and sprinkle over remaining mushrooms and serve with grated Parmesan. Free delicious recipes from Pudding Pie Cookery School!
Pork & Apple Burgers July 9, 2009 11:04A truly delicious Burger, a great way to enjoy something home made on the Bar-B-Q in the nice weather we are having! Serves 4 Ingredients 500g pork mince (preferably organic) 1 onion, finely chopped 1 apple, finely chopped 50g breadcrumbs 1 egg, beaten Salt and pepper Pinch of nutmeg 1 tbsp chopped parsley 10g butter Method • Put the pork mince into a bowl and add the beaten egg, breadcrumbs, onion, apple, parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper to it. • Mix together thoroughly using your hands. • Shape into 8 burgers. • Put the butter into the pan and put onto a medium heat, wait until the butter starts to brown, then add the burgers. • Cook for about 8 minutes each side until golden brown. Delicious on a bun with salad and chutney.
- Page 1 of 2